Thursday, June 6, 2013

Things to Remember About this Week

- We went to the zoo. As the girls were walking along the path,the girls sang the following, 
Katelyn: "I am strong!"
Elyse (in a high falsetto voice): "Strong."
Katelyn: "I am invincible!"
Elyse: "Vincible!"
Katelyn, "I am Woman!"  "Come on mom, sing with us!"
Guess we are going to have to talk about when mom is going to join in.  The zoo?  Probably not. 

-Elyse has started galloping instead of running.  It is accompanied by windmill arms.  

-While at the zoo, we saw a 2 week old baby gorilla.  It was being bottle fed by a zookeeper and wore a diaper.  It was pretty cute.  When we got home, I asked Elyse what she had seen.  She named pretty much everything we saw except for monkeys.  And we had seen a lot of monkeys.  So I asked, "What about the baby monkey?" 
 She answered, with confusion in her eyes, "That was a bear!" 
 I said, "No, Elyse, that was a baby monkey." 
 The lights turned on in her eyes.  "That was a monkey? Oh! Well, I liked the monkey!"

-The girls were taking turns being the mommy and the baby.  I went to check on them, and Katelyn was alone in her room.  I asked where Elyse was; she said she was sleeping in the closet.  I called her name, no answer.  To make sure she wasn't tied up or gagged in the closet, I slid open the door.  There she was, tucked in with a blanket, her kitty under her arm. "Mom! I'm sleeping! Close the door!"

-Elyse and Katelyn have been sleeping in the same bedroom lately.  Last night after we put the girls down, Elyse yelled that she was stinky and needed her diaper changed. I took her to another room , changed her, then we heard Katelyn yell, "Elyse, I need you."   
Elyse ran back to the bedroom, flung open the door and said excitedly, "You need me?!?"  She then run and hopped in Katelyn's bed with her.  
As I walked into the room, Katelyn waved me away saying, "Don't worry about us, mom.  We'll be fine.  She is fine to sleep with me!"

-We had pictures taken of the girls.  The only way Elyse would sit still or smile was if she played peek-a-boo with or sang to Jenny, the photographer.  

-All Jenny had to do is tell Katelyn she looked like a princess and she beamed from ear to ear!

-The girls talk to our new baby pretty regularly.  My favorites, "Love you baby." "You are the greatest baby ever!" "Come soon, baby!"


No comments:

Post a Comment