We have been having a lot of fun at our house lately. Here are a few pictures dotted with some stories.
These are some 3-D glasses with the lenses popped out. Elyse loves to wear them around the house. I think she looks pretty adorable. (Sorry about the funky phone flash coloring. She looks a little jaundice and washed out.)
Elyse is getting excited about our new baby (so she says...we shall see when baby really comes). The other day, we were sitting together and she pushed on my belly. I said, "That is were our new baby is." She lifted the hem of my shirt and said quietly, "Come here, baby. Come out, baby."
Katelyn went down to get some dress up clothes, and came up with my sweatpants up around her shoulders. She thought she was hilarious. So did I.
So she did a little dance.
Katelyn has really been growing up. We have had a few challenges that come with a 3 almost 4 year old testing the waters of independence. She has started to tell little lies to try to stay out of trouble. She also sneaks things to a corner or different room if she know she isn't supposed to have them (to get into trouble). Example: The other day, Katelyn and Elyse were playing upstairs, something they do a lot, and it was time for Family Home Evening. Sheepishly, Katelyn came down the stairs, and we quickly noticed pen drawn all over her body.
I asked, "How did that pen get there?"
She answered, looking down at her artwork, "Oh...this has been here a long time."
Me: "Well it wasn't there when you went upstairs. Where did you get the pen?"
K: "Oh...It fell all by itself off of the kitchen counter."
About this time, Elyse finally comes downstairs with chicken scratches all over her body too.
So we tried to talk with Katelyn about being honest, but no matter how we explain it, honesty seems like too much of an abstract concept. We just will have to keep at it.
A lady in our last ward is giving away some kittens. We don't want kittens, but I thought the girls might like to go over and hold/pet/scare the kitties.
Katelyn with the tamest of the the 6 kitties. I should have let her start with a wilder cat, because she started out so well, that by the end, the kitties running away made her frustrated. Lily would have been a good cat to end on.
Elyse with Lily. She loves kitty-cats. She pretends to be a cat around the house. This is convenient for me, because when I want her to come to me, all I have to say is, "Here kitty, kitty." When I told her we were going to see the kittens, She put her hands up by her mouth and whispered, "I'msoexcited." (She is really into expressing her emotions.)
Katelyn chasing a kitty up the cat tree. They were very patient kitties.
Thanks kitty-cats for letting my girls ruin your relaxing, care-free morning. They had and amazing time.

No comments:
Post a Comment