Monday, July 23, 2012

July and Katelyn's Birthday.

Katelyn has been doing a lot of drawing and coloring this month.  Here is a picture that I thought was pretty good.  It is daddy.  She was so excited to give it to him when he got home.  

Elyse in her OSU garb.   
  In the high chair again.  
 Look at those big blue eyes.  
I love the look of excitement on Elyse's face.  It looks like Devin is going to sneeze on her...   
 ...but he just gave her raspberries instead.  
The girls playing with birthday balloons. Elyse makes this face all the time.  It is usually accompanied by a squawk!   
On the night before Katelyn's birthday, we had a family movie night.  She was so excited.  We all put on our pj's, brought pillows and blankets to the living room and watched Happy Feet Two.  We had never seen the first movie, and now we might have to because both girls loved singing and dancing with those penguins!  It was really a fun night.  Katelyn was into the movie, and Elyse climbed on and off the couch via the pillows and blankets on the floor.  She had a blast!
Opening presents.  We made a crown for Katelyn out of Grandma and Grandpa Tanner's card.  She thought that was pretty neat.  




All Katelyn wanted to do for her birthday was to ride a bus.  So we did.  Katelyn and I took the Columbus public transportation from our side of town to COSI.  It was about a 30 minute ride with stops every 3 minutes.  Every time we stopped, she said "Why did we stop?" I'd explain that people needed to get on.  After the people got on and we started to go again, she'd say, "Why are we going?"  It was a fun and eventful 30 minutes!  
And COSI was fun, as usual.  It was nice to have Devin there with us.  We usually go when he is at school, so it was fun to show him why we love COSI.   


Katelyn got a lot of toys she could pretend with for her birthday.  She got a doll house, a Strawberry Shortcake Store, Polly Pockets, princess dolls and a baby doll equipped with doctor supplies.  She also got several books, coloring books and some really cute new clothes.  She was excited the week before her birthday as packages and cards came from our family.  Thanks everyone!  She definitely got spoiled rotten.  

Katelyn got to choose what kind of cake she wanted.  She chose strawberry shortcake.   I made angel food and pound cake that we smothered in strawberries and cream.  I don't think she was expecting real strawberry shortcake.  I think she wanted a cupcake with a cute Strawberry Shortcake face on it.  Oh well.  The cake was really good.  

I can't believe she is three.  I feels like just yesterday Devin and I were eating at Ruby Tuesday's in Pocatello having our last date before we went to the hospital to be induced.  We were so excited and nervous all at once.  Now we have a very sweet three year-old.  She makes us smile everyday.  Thanks for making us parents, baby girl.  We have learned more from you than we will ever be able to teach you!   We are so grateful that you are ours! 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe she's 3!!! She's looking so big though. What a cutie. Happy birthday Katelyn!

    ReplyDelete