Our little lady is one as of July 9th. This post is late because we took a two and a half week trip to Idaho, but I don't want to forget these sweet pictures and videos.
Katelyn picked out a small present for Elyse in the Target dollar isle, but I thought it would be a good idea to have her do something special for her sister's birthday. Here she is "feeding her breakfast." It may look more like "smearing her breakfast in her face," but it is the thought that counts.
We did some inside-out cupcakes and put them on our cupcake tree. They have cream cheese filling. It is Devin's Grandma Tanner's specialty.
Elyse kind of enjoyed opening presents, but Katelyn really enjoyed it! Every present went just like this...Devin would hand the gift to Elyse and then have to box Katelyn out. If he didn't, she'd grab the wrapping and speed up the opening process. It was funny. Devin got so frustrated. It was really fun to go home right after this experience and watch birthday home videos of Devin. I heard the same frustration in Terry's voice saying, "Devin, move away. It is Liz's birthday!" Life has come full circle.
Of course Katelyn picked out necklaces. Elyse loved them.
She holds this up to her ear and says, "Hewwo."
We had a few families over to watch her blow out her candle and to try out her new swimming pool and splash table. Elyse has blown on her food for a few months, so I practiced bowing out candles with her. Not important to her eternal salvation, but it was fun. The first candle was blown out by the wind, so she did it again. And then one of our friends came late, so she blew it out again.
I love this sweet girl. She has me wrapped around her cute little finger. Happy Birthday Lady Lou!
No comments:
Post a Comment