Sunday, July 8, 2012

Idaho Visit at the Hancock House

We were able to go to Idaho for a few weeks to visit family.  After my last visit home, I vowed to take more pictures.  I did...maybe a few too many.  But we were well documented! The next few post will be dedicated to this trip.  

When we booked our trip to Idaho, we didn't think Devin could go, because he needed to schedule his boards.  When we found out he could take them in Idaho, he booked a flight.  He couldn't get on the same flight as the girls and me, so we flew solo to Idaho and back (Devin only stayed one week).  The girls were awesome on the airplane and in the airports.  I couldn't have asked for better travel companions. 

  We were especially excited to see this guy.  My brother Dallin just got home from serving a mission for our church in the Johannesburg South Africa Mission.  It was so nice to have him home.  He is just as much fun as ever!  We are so proud of you Dallin and your service.  It definitely has changed you forever in an awesome way!
  


The girls spent a lot of time with these Bradley kids.  They were so sweet. 


We had a lot of fun with our cousins.  I couldn't believe how happy Katelyn was to able to tag a long with her big cousins.  Especially Brynna and Hallee.  Those girls were so good at including her and keeping track of her.  I want them in Ohio with me!  What a cute bunch of kids! For our slip and slide party, see Cara's blog.)
Grandpa Dean taking the kids on a ride.  I always laugh at the warning on the four-wheeler that shows you can't ride double.  How about 7 people?  Is that legal?

McKray is 18 days older than Elyse.  He is a funny little man.  

These are the four babies born while Dallin was on his mission.   Notice how cute their moms are.    It took about 7 tries to get all of my sisters looking at the camera! You'd think getting us to look and smile would be easy! No wonder the kids are all looking away.  They were just fed up with how long it was taking.  
Another guy we were excited to meet, Zane Lyle Walker.  It was our fist time together.  He is such a pleasant, smiley baby.  We were able to go to Logan and attend his blessing the day before we came home.  It was nice to be able to spend time with the Walkers.

Elyse had tons of fun climbing in and out of this little car.  What a cutie!

We sent off ONE floating lantern like on Tangled.  After we got it going, Dad said,"Barbara!  THat is going to land in some farmer's field or on a haystack!"  He then hopped on a four-wheeler and chased it for as far as he could go.  We decided that instead of during a dry summer, we should probably send the other 20 lanterns off in the winter when it is snowy!
This is a ripped lantern that just burned on the driveway.  But notice Weston's cape...I made it.  I made one for him, Carter and McKray.  The other side is Superman.  

Cousins waiting for the show.

With Jace.
Peek-
-a-
-boo!
Katelyn played with these princesses for hours either on the couch or at the kitchen table.  It is fun to watch her pretend.  

Elyse liked sitting in these little chairs at Grammy's.  
I told you she loved the princesses.
Elyse warmed right up to Dallin.  She would blub his lips, and he would blub her's.  Whenever she saw him, she'd stick out her bottom lip for him.  It was pretty cute.  

Grammy and Elyse. (I missed the picture, but right after this, Scott did a quadruple back-flip, loop-da-loop with a half twist dismount on the rings.  Not really, but he sure looks ready to, don't you think!)
One last hug for Brynna.  
And one last underdoggie. The girls and I were able to be at my house while my mom had a week off of work.  It was so sweet to spend time with her.  She is my example and I hope that someday my girls will love me as much I I love and admire her.  Thanks, mom, for hanging out and entertaining us.  
 We had such a fun time at the house with my family.  It was nice to be all together again.  We had tons of fun at the zoo, the mall, and just being together.  

Devin picked the three of us up from the airport.  The girls were so excited to see him.  They screamed his name and wanted him to hold them.  And when we got home, something very special was in the mailbox.  Devin passed his boards!  Good job, Dev!  We are so proud of all your hard work.  On to clinic!   

1 comment:

  1. Heidi I didn't know your brother went to South Africa on his mission you'll never guess that my parents are in the same mission. Your brother probably just barely missed them! So funny! Hope all is well your little girls are such cuties!!!!

    ReplyDelete