While doing a service project, Devin got this thorn in his shoe. It was lodged into the sole, just from him stepping on it.
When he showed it to me, I thought it was a nail. I guess that is a reason to always wear shoes while clearing honeysuckle!
Elyse makes such a mess at dinner time. In times like this, I always wonder, "Why doesn't my tub have a garbage disposal?"
Boys who come to my house sometimes try on Katelyn's high heels. And we think it is funny. Katelyn is always grateful for someone who will dress up with her.
Katelyn started preschool. She goes every Thursday morning for 2 hours. She was so excited that we got there this last week 10 minutes early and waited in the car. I even realized on the way there that we were going to be early, so I slowed way down and drove about 10mph under the speed limit. She was excited.
My little interview with Katelyn the first morning of preschool.
I made this for a friend in our old ward who is having a boy. She has a little girl already and loves her little girl accessories. Because of this, she has two big bow board on her wall. I decided to make her this bow tie board. You can clip the ties on the suspenders. I also made her some bow ties but forgot to get a picture of them clipped on. I was excited how cute it turned out.
Yesterday after naps,we went to an ice cream factory right outside Columbus. The factory wasn't running, and the weren't doing tours, so we could just guide ourselves around and not worry about being too loud.
When we got there, Katelyn kept yelling , "I get to be ice cream!" She saw before I did this sweet board where she could be ice cream.
Katelyn with the cow.
After, there was a playground that the girls really enjoyed. The toys weren't that baby friendly, but Elyse really wanted to do it by herself. I was impress how well she could climb those high steps!
No, he wasn't really mad, he just never likes me taking his picture, so he pulls funny faces. But this photo reminds me of something Devin's little brother Nate said (when he was 10). "I'm a Tanner. I was born with road rage!"
We had such a great time on our little, spur of the moment trip. I am so grateful for my little family and the happiness they bring me.
Love the bow tie board!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post. Where is Katelyn doing preschool? And I love the bow tie board, it's a fabulous idea. I should make one for Caleb. Did you use a real shirt, tie, and suspenders? Where did you get that adorable idea? love it!
ReplyDeleteYour trip sounds fun. Devin's face in the last pic is awesome. And is Katelyn really old enough for preschool? I remember standing outside the Alumni house after she was just barely born...
ReplyDelete