Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

I I love my girls.  They are just the light of my life.  
Katelyn's favorite thing to say to us right now is , "Mom, (or Dad) did you know you are very special to me?  I love you!"  She knows just how to butter us up.  She is very good at bedtime to remind us to pray together and read our scriptures.  I don't know if it is just because she wants to delay bedtime, but it has really help us stay on track as a family.  She is a good girl.  
Sometimes when she does something she isn't supposed to, she says things that makes us laugh.
Me:"Why didn't you listen?"
Katelyn: "Because I WANT TO listen?"
M: "But you didn't."
K:"But I WANT to!"
That is our favorite. We have that conversation a lot. Or if she hurts Elyse I'll ask why she pushed or hit her.  She replies, "Because it made her sad."  I am not quite sure if she understands the word because or why. 
  
 And here is Elyse in the highchair.  What a cutie.  While I went to a Continuing Education course, a girl in our ward watched the girls.  When I picked them up, she said, "Elyse is the most polite baby."  And she is.  She says "tank do" (thank you) like a pro.  When we hand her something, "Tank do."  When she hands me something, "Tank do."  When she wants something, "Tank do."  She is very grateful.  
 She is very good at sharing with me.  But if someone her size comes over, she is not a good sharer.  She collects all her toys around her and screams if anyone comes close.  
 Steph, Noah and Miles Innes and Katelyn, Elyse and I ventured out one day when our husbands weren't home to find Buckeye nuts to make into necklaces.   We thought it would be a quick trip to a park.  3.5 miles later, we came home with a bucket of Buckeyes and tired, hungry children.  On the way back to the car, I was pushing a stroller and piggybacking Katelyn.  Steph had miles in a backpack and Noah in her arms.  Next time, we might go without kids.  Overall a fun time.  
 Elyse in pigtails.  Yes that mop does calm down.  


 But this is after dinner at the end of pigtail day.  She pulled them out about 4 times.  What a stinker!
Katelyn posing. 

On a sad note, Katelyn lost a tooth. 
Just kidding.  It is a black bean.  But when I first looked at her, I thought she'd lost a tooth!  I didn't know when or how, but at first glance, I started sweating.  Three year old teeth shouldn't fall out!

4 comments:

  1. Heidi, yes your video worked and it is super cute. Also Elys looks like Kate with her hair pulled back! In fact at first I thought it was Katelyn. Crazy!! They are growing up. By the way I don't understand why or because either...:0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you go to get Buckeyes? I need some...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also started sweating a bit when I saw the lost tooth. :) I'm glad it was a black bean to blame. Your girls are growing up so fast. They are so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm glad you got some buckeyes for necklaces--sounds like you had a bit of a hard time. ;) Kids grow up too fast don't they. They are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete