Sunday, September 9, 2012

Steak n' Shake

Cara and Jory came to visit us October of 2010.  While they were here, they treated us to dinner at Steak n' Shake.  None of us has been there, but we liked it.  And we got these cute pictures of Katelyn drinking her super cold water.

We went again yesterday.  We did some calculating, and realized Elyse is the exact same age as Katelyn was when she first visited Steak n' Shake. So we decided not to pass up the photo op.

Time is a really weird thing.  It seems like just yesterday that Cara and Jory came to visit.  Both Cara and I had just found out we were pregnant, and Katelyn was our little 15 month old baby.  


 Then at the same time, it seems like Elyse has been in our family forever.  What did we ever do without her? And it is hard to imagine Katelyn not being super talkative and singing songs as the soundtrack of our lives.  

  Not that Steak n' Shake has any real meaning or significance, but yesterday sitting in that booth, I couldn't help smile at the significance of these little ones.  They touch my life everyday.  These sweet girls are shaping me and helping me to grow.  I hope that I can do the same for them.

1 comment: