A lot has been going on at our house lately. Devin has started seeing patients, I worked on quiet book pages and had eye surgery, and the girls have just been along for the ride. They have been such good sports as we have been busy. Here are some really cute pictures. You'll notice that they aren't balanced (there are way more of Elyse). That is because Katelyn got some really fun toys for her birthday and has been playing by herself a lot. She likes to play with her dollhouse, princesses and coloring books. I will make a better effort to take her picture while she is playing.
Here is little Elyse. She is so much fun right now. She is blowing me a kiss in this picture.
Cute pigtails.
Katelyn with her bucket full of princesses.
Kind of a cool picture. I should send it to the National Forest System. "Only YOU can prevent forest fires!"
Katelyn twirling. We have a lot of fun dancing in the living room.
Look at how curly her hair is getting. It also changed color this summer from brown to gold. Really cute.
Katelyn playing with her dollies on the couch.
Elyse woke up with some crazy hair the other morning. I like the sequence of these pictures.
"I cannot believe you are already taking pictures of me. I haven't even eaten breakfast!"
"Alright, I guess I'll look at you."
"And maybe smile a little."
"Awe, now I'm blushing."
Elyse has started climbing big time. She can climb onto the kitchen chairs, table, couches, Katelyn's bed and is always look for some new conquest. She has mastered going up and down stairs but I think the kitchen chairs are her favorite.
I put some sunglasses on her.
Then she was so proud putting them on herself.
Saying cheese.
Elyse says a lot of words. She can say mom, dad, Elyse, cheese, please, thank you, love you, out, all done, cracker, cookie, more, up, down, water, sippy, night night, blanky, hi, go, amen and copies a lot of words we say. She is walking quite a bit now and is really getting a personality. She likes to pick on Katelyn, steal her toys, and chase her around the house. She has sat in time out a whopping 3 times now for hitting Katelyn. I figure that even though she doesn't understand, Katelyn does and I don't want Katelyn to think hitting is okay. But time outs for Elyse really aren't bad. I put her on the kitchen chair. She loves it. The first time I put her in time out, she started smiling and Katelyn said, "Now fold you arms." She did and then started babbling and said AMEN! Katelyn thought it was so nice that Elyse was praying in time out.
The girls are so sweet right now and I am soaking them up. I love to be their mom and have them kiss and love me. Thank Heaven for little girls!
Elyse's morning hair is seriously fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteI wish Creighton prayed while in time out! He just mumbles, "Be nice mommy!" Elyse is so adorable-her hair is beautiful!
ReplyDelete