When I was pregnant with Katelyn, many people expressed that I was "in for it!" "Girls are so hard!" they said. "You will have wished you had a boy!" My mom, having raised 4 girls and a boy, said not to listen to them, but the sentiment came from all directions.
Then I had this little bundle of pink. Katelyn Jo, my sweetheart, made me a mother. She had blond hair and a little round face. She stole my heart from the minute she was born.
And every sweet girly thing she has done since has debunked every comment made by people who lamented that my first baby was a girl. I love it! I love dress up, dancing, playing pretend and princesses. I can't get enough of, " Mom, when I grow up and marry daddy..." and picking clovers for her wedding on the way out of church. She has always been mindful of others feelings and loves to pay others compliments. She is a wonderful, dream-filled, affectionate girl. I love everything about her!
Then we found out we were pregnant again. I felt like I was going to have another girl, and Cara confirmed it at a 14 week ultrasound. I was so excited for Katelyn to be a sister and to have a sister. But, as with most moms with their second child, I wasn't sure how I could love another baby as much as I loved Katelyn.
Then our sweet little Elyse Mae arrived and brought into our home and hearts a peace that I didn't know we needed.
Elyse is a precious addition to our family. From the time she came home, our world was changed. Everything she did was adorable, funny and memorable. Even Katelyn would stop what she was doing to pay her attention. As she grew, we wondered what we did without her spark in our family. She is funny and loves to entertain us with jokes and silliness. She is bright, independent and snuggley. And with our second daughter, our hearts grew exponentially!
So on this day before our love grows again, and we add a son to our family, I celebrate having my two girls! They have taught me more than I'll ever be able to teach them. And whatever changes this new addition brings, we welcome it! We look forward to cars, trains, trucks and dirt. We need a few snake and snails and puppy dog tails. And we are so excited for this amazing chance to have our hearts grow again!

You made me cry! I am so excited for you guys, and grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows exactly what each family needs!
ReplyDeleteI am bawling. You are so good at this blog stuff. Can I tell you what I feel and then you write for me. We are excited for Trent to come he will be so blessed to be part of your wonderful family. Katelyn And élysées will do just fine.
ReplyDeletePrecious post!!! Loved it! As you sit in labor I am praying for you! Having children sure does change someone for the better! So happy for your family! :)
ReplyDelete