A few more funny the girls have said lately...
While I was getting ready for a doctors appointment, I was telling Katelyn about how the doctor would check on our new baby.
Thinking about that, she said with a sigh, "Mom, I'm sure going to miss Elyse when the new baby comes!"
I explained that Elyse got to stay in our family and that we weren't trading her for the new baby. She said, with great relief, "Oh good, 'cause I really like her!"
I asked Elyse her name one day. She replied, "I am a child of God."
A friend asked Katelyn if she could say Buckeye. She said, "Yes. I can also say candle " Good job Kate. That is showing off some skills!
Katelyn left Elyse inside and closed the screen door. Elyse put her hands on the screen and yelled, "Get back here, you...you...silly billy!"
I was sneaking Katelyn into the room where Elyse was supposed to be asleep. She was still awake. As we were tiptoeing in, she said, "Hi, Kay-cun. (Katelyn)"
Katelyn said, "Oh! She speaks!"
Elyse will randomly break out in Backyardigans songs. The other day while eating dinner, she sang, "I am the Masked Retriever!" Pretty cute. She also "makes pie like a samurai," "loves being a princess" and calls all eggs "Eggwin." We love Backyardigans!
Katelyn made a good friend the other day with a random lady. The lady said, "I am going to be a grandma any day now!"
Katelyn, seeing something they had in common, excitedly replied, "After I am a mommy, I am going to be a grandma too!!!"
We recently watched The Lorax for our family movie night. Katelyn really liked the song, "How ba-a-a-ad can I be?" Her favorite line to sing is "shake that bottom line." All the while she shakes her hips.
These are so sweet! I love them. Keep 'em coming!
ReplyDeleteI love your posts! Your girls are HILARIOUS!! I think they get that from their funny aunt Cara. Just saying:)
ReplyDeleteI can't decide which one is better... the candle one or the grandma one... they both made me giggle out loud!! I love little ones!!
ReplyDelete