Elyse is funny. She is already losing bows a church.
She sits up so big in the highchair and loves rice cereal.
Look at these sweet smiles.


She still loves to snuggle with me and eat her bottle. She is such a sweetheart.
And then there is my first sweetie pie. Katelyn just makes me laugh. She reminds me a lot of my dad. Every Sunday growing up my mom made rolls to go with dinner. And every Sunday, my dad sat at one end of the table and said, "Toss me a biscuit," with a sly gleam in his eye. My mother would then respond with a "I can't pass you a biscuit, because biscuits don't have yeast. These are rolls." As we got older, we all joined in in giving my dad the attention, all brought on by one request...toss me a biscuit.
I see these same tendencies in Katelyn. When she wants a little attention, she knows she only has to do simple things(ie: play with the toilet paper, go down the stairs, touch the TV screen, jump on Elyse, scream). These things always capture our attention in a hurry. The other day, she did something a little more surprising. I made bread with some friends and came home with two loaves. We cut into one and the other was on the counter wrapped in plastic. Later that night, I went to check on Elyse and came back to find this...
I see these same tendencies in Katelyn. When she wants a little attention, she knows she only has to do simple things(ie: play with the toilet paper, go down the stairs, touch the TV screen, jump on Elyse, scream). These things always capture our attention in a hurry. The other day, she did something a little more surprising. I made bread with some friends and came home with two loaves. We cut into one and the other was on the counter wrapped in plastic. Later that night, I went to check on Elyse and came back to find this...
i don't blame the girl, the bread is delicious! ha!
ReplyDeleteHold on! I think the best is yet to come! I have heard about those teenage years! We love you and can't wait to see you soon! (not soon enough)
ReplyDeletehahaha That is a cute story!!
ReplyDelete