Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Visit to the Temple







After one of our Relief Society lessons about teaching our children to love the temple (thanks so much Shonna), we planned a special Family Home Evening trip to the temple. It was so fun. Katelyn kept saying, "The temple! I see the temple! I want to see the temple more!" Then she sang "I Love to See the Temple" to the temple. She is such a wonderful girl. Here are a few pictures we took. Tanner girls at the temple.



Katelyn is such a good big sister.


Looking up at the temple.




I love to see the temple
I'm going there someday
to feel the Holy spirit
to listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
a place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young.
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll covenant with my Father.
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
where we are sealed together.
As a child of God I've learned this truth-
a family is forever.






Since taking the kids to the Columbus temple, we have also gone to the Idaho Falls, Rexburg and Nauvoo temples. I hope we can teach them the importance of the temples and that it will always be an central part of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment