Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cleveland Rocks

Before Devin started school, we went to Cleveland for a little get -a-way. We had a great time. We started at Lake Eerie.

Devin took this picture as the waves crashed around us.

Katelyn and Devin.
Tanner Girls!
Katelyn likes to hold hands while we walk. She also likes Devin and I to swing her. She would hold my hand and reach for Devin's. She wouldn't walk until he took her hand. Then she would go limp because she wanted us to swing her. She is pretty funny.
We went to the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. Katelyn was a tired, hungry girl by the time we were done. This is me feeding her a banana on the way. (side story: the other day, Devin went grocery shopping with Katelyn while I was at work. They walked through the fresh food section and Katelyn started yelling, "Anana! Anana!" She had seen the bananas and wanted one.)
I love this picture of Katelyn on a bench at the Botanical Gardens. She climb up all by herself and was so proud.
On the way home from Cleveland, we swung by Kirtland. It was wonderful. Katelyn was done with tripping by that time, and since Devin had been to Kirtland before, he let me go on the tour and stayed outside with Katelyn. I was so touched by the Spirit on the tour and learned many new things about church history. Thanks Devin!
This is Katelyn and I by the NK Whitney store.

These were some Begonias at Kirtland that made me think of my mom. So we took a picture. Love you mom and I missed seeing your flowers this summer!

We really had a fun trip. We'd recommend coming to Ohio to see it yourself (and you can visit us too!)

1 comment:

  1. i love kirtland! glad you got to go. i am coming to ohio in the middle of october... i would love to see you! also im not sure exactly where you are from, but if i need to bring anything with me from your families or whatever let me know! i would love to bring it!

    ReplyDelete