Elyse has started standing up to things. It feels like she should still be teeny-tiny. I can't believe she is almost 10 months. She says "hi, dada, mama" and some version of "cock-a-doodle-doo." She is very quick to try to imitate the sounds we make. She blows on her food after I do, she jibber-jabbers to herself and she'd climb over anything to keep up with Katelyn. Another funny things she does is toss food off of her high chair tray and as soon as I get her out and put her on the floor, she crawls over and eats it. I really think she does it on purpose to save it for later! She definitely keeps me sweeping!
We have been talking with Katelyn about using the potty for a while, and she has gone in the potty several times over the past few months. I didn't want it to be a stressful thing for her, so we have just talked about it and tried it out, but kept her in diapers. On Sunday, her nursery teacher brought her to me in Relief Society and Katelyn asked me to go potty. Everyone in the Relief Society room heard her, so I couldn't say, "Katelyn, you have a diaper on. You don't really go potty." (peer pressure) So I asked the lady next to me to watch Elyse. I took Katelyn to the bathroom and after three hours of church, her diaper was dry, and she went in the potty. We took that as a hint that it was time to potty train. So this Wednesday, we took the diapers away. She has done so well.
We really enjoyed General Conference. We are grateful for the wonderful talks on parenting and families. It made us think about the sweet spirits that Heavenly Father has entrusted to us and the important responsibility that is ours to be their parents. We are also thankful for our parents for teaching us and shaping us into the people we are today. Hopefully, we can do the same for our sweet girls.
I love this post! And way to go Katelyn! How's the potty training going at this point? Elyse is sure growing up fast. And almost a year ago we were having your baby shower for her. Crazy how time flies.
ReplyDelete