Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter

We had a wonderful Easter weekend filled with egg hunts, friends and family time. I even took pictures! It is a small accomplishment, but look for yourselves at the instant results--cute pictures of my cute kids.
Our friends put together an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos in our old ward. Katelyn had a really fun time.
I can't get her to look at the camera anymore. She has shifty eyes.
Looking at her loot.
Elyse just chewed on a plastic egg.
The whole crew.
Our whole crew.
In our new ward, I was called to be a ward organist. I spent the week practicing "Christ the Lord has Risen Today" for Easter Sunday. The girls like to practice too.
Sunday morning the girls "eggs"amined their Easter buckets. Kites, bubbles, wands...these girls got spoiled.
The girls all ready for church on Easter Sunday.
What a proud papa!
Coloring eggs was much more fun this year than last. Katelyn did a great job dying them, coloring them, and decorating them with stickers.
Devin thinks these glasses are over the top. Love Target's dollar section.
Stickering the eggs.
The finished product.
Say "cheese."
Better.
Katelyn's Easter picture of me.
After a weekend full of pictures, finally a real smile!
And we have so much to smile about. We are grateful for this season to remember the resurrection of our Savior. With all the eggs and candy and gifts, I hope were able to teach our kids the reason for the season.
He is Risen! He is Risen!
Tell it out with joyful voice.
He has burst his three days prison;
Let the whole wide world rejoice.
Death is conquered; man is free.
Christ has won the victory.
Happy Easter.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! That's a more difficult song to play- and especially on the organ! I was an organ cheater and never used the foot pedals :) Looks like Easter was super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see you guys again this morning. Katelyn is getting so tall. I love their Easter dresses and that's exciting you're the new ward organist. ;)

    ReplyDelete