I may not be the best at taking pictures of my kids, but I wanted to take a few minute to capture the cute things they say and do.
The girls got a fish for Easter. It is a male Beta fish. On Easter morning, I told Katelyn he was a boy and asked what she wanted to name him. She said, "Nick" without hesitation. So we now have a fish named Nick.
Each morning the girls come downstairs and sit to breakfast, turn to the fishbowl and say, "How ya doin' Nick?"
Whenever one to the girls say, "Me too!" the other will say, "Me three!" They continue to count every other number until they reach 20. It really struck me as funny the other day when 21 month old Elyse yelled, "Me 14!"
When Elyse gets upset at Daddy, she lowers her brow, gives him the stink eye and says, "No, Devin!"
Katelyn got sick and threw up a few times. After the second time, she said, "Oh no. Not AGAIN!"
That same day, Devin got home and Elyse's hair was hanging in her face. He started asking her where Elyse had gone and when we got a sheep dog. He then told Katelyn she looked as white as a sheet. Elyse then pointed at Katelyn and said, "Sheet dog."
At dinner, Elyse asked randomly, "What are you doing, buddies?"
When Katelyn suggest something for us to do, she'll ask, "Is that a good idea?" while nodding her head the whole time. It is like if she nods, I'll say yes for sure.
Elyse refers to herself as "Elyser Lou!"
Katelyn is always being a princess. She chooses one princess and we can't call her by her name for the rest of the day. If we do, she corrects us, "No, I am Snow White." But when we ask the princess to do something she is very obedient.
Katelyn started a conversation with me the other day with, "Do you know the story of Jonah?" She then told me the whole story with all the details. When she told about Jonah being spit out by the whale, she even made a throwing up noise/face.
Both of the girls scream "Chick-a-lay" when we drive past Chick-fil-a.
When Elyse sings "I am a Child of God" it sounds like she was blessed with "pirates kind and dear."
Katelyn tells me stories at night before we go to bed. They always have her as a princess, some boy in her primary as the prince, a dragon and happily ever after. I love them the most when they begin, "Once upon a time...except it wasn't once upon a time. Long ago in an ancient village...." Then she add phrases like, "And you were there, too!" I love story time. My stories are never as good as Katelyn's.
All of your stories were so cute!! Having kids IS THE BEST!!
ReplyDeleteWhat cuties! I still think the story where Elyse told you she was a child of God is the best. I was hoping it would be on there. These are cute to. I think Katelyn looks alot like you in how you used to pose and act in front of the camera. And it sounds like she also has your imagination. What were all your fingers named again?
ReplyDeleteThey are SO cute! I can't believe the things they're both saying...adorable! They've grown up a lot-especially Elyse in that picture.
ReplyDelete