On our way out the door the other day, I turned around to find these sweethearts ready to go. Bear and Kitty pretty much go everywhere with us. They are awesome friends!
Katelyn took these of Elyse and me. She got progressively better at lining up the shot.
Now one of the photographer. What is that pose, crazy lady?
The Tanner Girls.
These two are my favorite companions. They are silly, feisty, loving and completely adorable. They make me smile one minute, then make me want to pull my hair out the next. But those frustrating moments make the happy days much more sweet, and I wouldn't trade them for anything!
When I was a little girl, I followed my mom so closely that when she turned around, she'd often elbow me! That is close! I wanted to be with her. I wanted to be like her. She treasured her role as a mother, basking in my triumph's and reassuring me when things weren't quite so triumphant. I knew that she wanted and loved me more than anything. Because of her example, I was excited for the day that I could be a mom.
Now as I crawl around being a lion, pretend to be Flynn Rider, play Candyland, watch Backyardigans, snuggle them, sing with them for hours, dance in the living room, and hear what they learned in church I hope they know that they are wanted, that they are loved and that they are important. Mostly, I hope they realize that being their mother is my priority. It is what I always wanted to be. And it is sweeter than I than I ever could have imagined.
You made me cry. You always say exactly how I feel! I love you and know your girls know they are loved as well:)
ReplyDelete